Now my hair goals for the year 2013 (I set them in January and I am working on them) are as follows:
- To keep my hair as healthy as possible, which means minimal to no breakage, enough moisture and protein, keeping my scalp clean, so I can retain length, leading to goal
- which is to get my hair from grazing shoulder length to full APL (arm pit length.)
Now the action plans I am taking this year are:
- Stretch my relaxers for longer (I normally stretch my relaxer for 12 weeks, meaning I relax 4 times a year) I want to try to stretch for at least 20 - 24 weeks so that I relax my hair only twice a year.
- Only use heat when I have a salon visit, or a very important occasion
- Do a lot of protective styling (mainly sew in weaves), and not keep in a weave for longer than 6 weeks
- Shampoo, deep condition and air dry hair each week
- Only use a comb once a week when I wash my hair. The rest of the time it will be finger detangling
- To resist becoming a product junkie (my hair care arsenal at the moment includes a protein shampoo, moisturising shampoo, deep conditioner, glycerine, apple cider vinegar and natural oils (coconut, castor, almond and olive)
- Stop using cotton scrunchies (pony tail holders) and use satin ribbons, head bands and bobby ppins.
- Moisturise hair daily (with home made moisturiser madde of water, glycerine) and seal with a natural oil (castor, coconut or olive)
- Always wrap hair at night before i sleep (i haven't found a satin scarf so I'm still going old school with an old stocking lol), and baggy my hair overnight when necessary
- Drink lots of water, and other liquids, and try to stick to a balanced and healthy diet