Monday, 8 April 2013

Week 15 post relaxer

I finally took out my weave on Friday. I was so happy to just let my hair be... But getting there was a struggle.

It took me hours to just get the weave out and undo the tracks since my hair had gotten knotted up with the weave hair. I started at around 8pm after I got home from work, and I finished undoing everything at around 5.45am on Saturday morning. After I had undone and detangled my hair, I applied olive oil and covered with my shower cap before finally going to bed.

When I woke up later on Saturday, I started by brewing tea to do a black tea rinse. My hair was a bit mushy (I over moisturized under the weave) so I needed to get it stronger. I first got my hair wet before I shampooed with my protein shampoo (to balance out the mushy, limp hair). I only applied shampoo to the roots and scalp, then when I rinsed, the runoff cleaned my ends. I then did my black tea rinse (3 ordinary tea bags brewed in a large cup). I let the tea rinse sit for 3 minutes before rinsing it out and then I applied my deep conditioner. I covered my head for about 40 minutes, before detangling with my fingers and rinsing out. Then I did an ACV rinse (one part vinegar to 5 parts water). I let the diluted ACV sit for another 3 minutes before rinsing with cool water. I wrapped my hair in a thirst and left it to air dry.

Then I realized that I had made a mistake. My hair is 15 weeks post, which meant it had started tangling while drying. So I decided to grab some wool and do my mabhanzi (I really can't describe this, but I have put a picture below). I had to part and detangle my hair with my fingers to make sure that it wouldn't break. I spent my weekend in my mabhanzi, and this morning before work I took them out, sprayed my moisturizer (Dark and Lovely conditioning braid spray) and pulled my hair back with a headband. My hair looks pretty big today... Pics of my hair today also below

Btw, the first 2 pics are of my hair in the mabhanzi, then the rest are of my hair today at work







No comments:

Post a Comment