Thursday, 6 June 2013

New Style

I haven't updated in a while, thanks to Internet issues, so I'm just giving a quick update of what's happening.

I installed a sew in weave this Saturday. I decided to just have my hair styled in a way that I won't have to manipulate it for a while so I had to prepare my hair for the sew in. My hair has been. Experiencing some breakage, and I wanted to just reduce it by not manipulating my hair as much as usual.

I co- washed my hair on Tuesday night. I mixed my usual conditioner with my deep conditioner, olive oil and honey, and applied the mixture onto my hair as soon as I got home. I left it on, covered with a shower cap, for a couple of hours while I cooked and ate dinner, and watched a bit of tv. I rinsed off the mix, did a final rinse with ACV, and wrapped my hair in a tshirt. When my hair was now just damp, I applied my new leave in conditioner, which I will review here soon. After this, I sealed with coconut oil, wrapped my hair for bed and slept. The next morning, my hair was really big, and soft, like it has never seen a relaxer in the past year. I put it into a pony tail as usual and went to work.

My hair after the co-wash before I applied coconut oil

Since I was having the sew in installed at my salon on Saturday, I decided to wash my hair myself before the hair appointment. I prepooed with coconut oil as soon as I left work on Friday evening. I covered my hair with a shower cap, had dinner, and started preparing my coffee rinse. I brewed a thermos mug of ordinary, instant coffee, and left it to cool. I also prepared my conditioning mix by mixing my tea tree conditioner, honey, Vatika Garlic deep conditioner and olive oil. I first applied my VO5 moisturizing hot oil treatment, then I rinsed it off, and shampooed with my moisturizing shampoo. I rinsed off the shampoo, then did the coffee rinse. I let the coffee sit on my head for two minutes before rinsing it off. I applied the conditioning mix, covered with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes. I almost decided to give up for the night, and to leave the conditioner on overnight, because I was so tired after work. After 30 minutes, I rinsed out the conditioner, thoroughly, before doing an ACV rinse. I wrapped my hair in my microfiber head wrap, kept it on to absorb the moisture until my hair was only damp. I then applied my leave in conditioner, sealed with coconut oil, before combing through with my wide toothed comb. I then wrapped my hair in my scarf and went to bed. 

I got my weave installed at the salon I normally go to. The style is quite nice, though I have already mistreated my weave, and slept without a scarf on Saturday night. As a result, it got all tangled, and when I combed it out, a lot of the hair fell out. However, I will try to moisturize the hair in the tracks daily using a spray bottle with my own moisturizing mix.

That's it for this week

No comments:

Post a Comment