Monday, 24 June 2013

Wash Day

I will be at 11 weeks post relaxer/texlax this Friday. I can tell you one thing the growth going on under my ponytail is insane. And the shrinkage... the less said about it, the better.

I washed my hair on Saturday. I think I have moved wash days now from Sundays to Saturdays. Anyway, as long as my scalp is clean and my hair gets deep conditioned, the change in days doesn't really matter.

I first brewed my tea for the tea rinse I was going to do. This week, since I was using a bigger container to brew the tea in, I used more bags. I used 5 tea bags: 2 peppermint, 2 green tea and 1 ordinary black tea. I also steeped a tablespoon of dried rosemary in the tea for extra oomph. I decided to shampoo with my protein shampoo this week, I really need to finish up that bottle now. I had prepoo'ed overnight with coconut oil, and covered my hair with a shower cap as I slept. I shampooed by massaging the shampoo onto half of my scalp, before massaging it onto the other half. I massaged the areas that had been itching during the week (I really need to find a solution for my itchy scalp stat). I rinsed off the shampoo, and wow, my hair felt a bit hard coz of the protein shampoo. I poured my tea mix over my hair, massaged it onto to my scalp and let it sit for about 3 minutes. I rinsed of the tea and applied my deep conditioner. Since I had used a protein shampoo, I deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner (Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask). I divided my hair into four sections, and massaged in the deep conditioner in the different sections, before wrapping my hair first in a plastic bag, the covering it with a shower cap, tying it down with an old pair of stockings, and covering this all up with my trusty wool hat. I took a nap, entertained a visitor, cooked and ate dinner with all this on my head. I spent a total of 6 hours with the deep conditioner on. And it was worth the wait. When i rinsed out the deep conditioner (with cool water), my hair was sooooooo soft, and easy to detangle. Even the growth felt like I had a relaxer done. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for about 15 minutes. I had to blow dry (on the coolest setting, after applying my leave in) since I had to go out and I was late. I decided to just apply coconut oil on my still damp hair before doing a ponytail and going to the events I had to attend. Unfortunately, I ended up going to the club with a few friends, and I sweated (sigh). I also went to a basketball match/the beach on Sunday afternoon, so more dirt has already accumulated. I will co wash tomorrow night to just clean my scalp a bit.

That's it for week 11 of the stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment