Monday, 22 July 2013

AWESOME!!!!! Wash Day

Yep, this weekend I had the awesomest wash day. I must have done something right coz my hair felt really good, and feels perfectly balanced :-D

I prepoo'ed overnight with coconut oil on Friday night. As per my "lazy girl" regimen, on Saturday morning, I brewed my tea for the tea rinse (2 bags each of black, green and peppermint tea, and about 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary). I napped for 4 hours waiting for the tea to cool. I shampooed once with my Hello Hydration shampoo (it may just become my staple). I rinsed out the shampoo, and did the tea rinse twice. I let the tea sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing out. I DC'ed with my Darbur Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask, and added olive oil on top of the DC. I covered my hair with a shower cap, tied on my trusty old pair of stockings on top, before pulling on my woolen winter hat and letting it all steam with my body heat for about 5-6 hours. Since I was going out that evening, and I didn't want to blow dry, I decided to damp bun. First, I rinsed out my DC with cool water after my shower, and I t-shirt dried. I did the rest of my preparations for my night out while the t-shirt absorbed the moisture. After this, I applied my leave in (VO5 moisturizing leave in), and sealed with coconut oil. I detangled both with my wide toothed comb and my fingers (my hair is acting tres naturale and is getting matted at the roots. Also found bits of rosemary in my hair). My hair felt so soft and just perfect. I damp bunned my hair for the night and went out with my friends.

On Sunday morning my hair still felt and looked good. I just pulled it up into a ponytail and went shopping. Since I was in such a feel good haze, I ended up buying the Hello Hydration conditioner. I have heard so many good things about it especially on Hairlista, so I want to try it out and see if it works on my hair. Last night I M&S'ed as usual. I first massaged my scalp with castor oil, foucing om my edges. I moisturised with my mix, although this week there wasn't as much conditioner in it, and I added some tea tree oil in it. I sealed with castor oil, before wrapping my hair for bed with my satin scarf.

This morning I M&S'ed just the hair that will be exposed for most of the day. I sealed my ends with coconut oil, and did a low ponytail for work. My hair was still feeling so good, and perfectly balanced. Even the texlaxed hair is laying down nicely for the first time in a long while, even without having used a comb to detangle this morning. If only my hair could be like this every week *sigh*

Random Note: I did a mini length check while my hair was weighed down and straightened by the DC. I forgot my camera at home, so I cannot upload the pic, but from what I could see, I am pretty close to my short term goal of APL.

Weird note: I had forgotten I had put the rosemary in my tea rinse, when i poured it over my hair, I had bits of rosemary tangled in my hair. Talk about a long rinse trying to get out all the bits of rosemary without pulling out my hair :-'''''D

No comments:

Post a Comment