Monday, 29 July 2013

Last Wash Day of the month

Yet another wash day has come and gone...

I was pretty busy (and lazy) this weekend, I sorta, kinda mistreated my hair. Not too much though, but I am still feeling guilty. Here's what happened:

1. I prepoo'ed overnight (Friday night) with coconut oil on my ends, and castor oil with a few drops of tea tree and eucalyptus oil on my scalp.

2. I shampooed with a moisturizing shampoo (Hello Hydration) in 3 sections. It's the only way to avoid getting shampoo directly on my ends (since its a sulfate shampoo)

3. After rinsing the shampoo, I conditioned with VO5 Tea Therapy clarifying conditioner, just to get moisture  back into my hair. I rinsed it off after a few minutes and then I did a tea rinse (2 bags each of black, green and peppermint tea + 1 tablespoon rosemary and some rosemary infused water in 1 liter of water). I left the tea on for a couple of minutes.

4. I put on my DC (Darbur Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask) without rinsing out the tea. I applied it in 3 sections, smoothing it to my ends, and finger detangling. I detangled with my wide toothed comb starting with the back section, combing my hair back. After detangling I applied EVOO on top of the DC and smoothed it on before covering with a shower cap.

5. I put on a sweatband, covered my shower cap with a cap, and went for a 2 hour power walk around my neighbourhood. I was supposed to rinse out the DC after my walk while getting ready for girls' night, but girls' night got cancelled, and I was too tired to rinse out the DC so I went to bed with the DC on.

6. After doing some house cleaning on Sunday morning I finally rinsed out the DC. Due to the water shortages (welcome to Africa), I didn't have enough cold water so I rinsed out with really warm (almost hot) water.

7. I t-shirt dried my hair. When it was damp, I applied my leave in (VO5 moisturizing leave in conditioner). I forgot that I wanted to flat iron and do my length check for the end of the GAHL Length Retention Challenge , and applied coconut oil into my damp hair. As a result, flat ironing is postponed to Wednesday morning. Instead I airdried by doing 8 mini ponytails. I played in my hair for a while, twisting and untwisting the ponytails

8. Before sleeping I did twists, hoping that I could wear my wig this morning. I moisturized the twists this morning with my spritz (conditioner, aloe vera juice, honey, glycerin, olive oil), and covered with a satin bonnet before putting on the wig. The wig wasn't looking to healthy so I took it off, and undid the twists. The twist out was a flop, so I ended up pulling my hair into a bun for work.

Tonight, I will restart the Inversion Challenge. A post on the challenge will be up tomorrow.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment