So when I got home yesterday evening, I first applied olive oil to my ends, just to get the sand lubricated and make it rub against my hair less. I put my DC on top, added more olive oil on top of the DC covered with a shower cap, before adding the usual layers on top and went to bed. This morning during my shower, I rinsed out the DC, t-shirt dried, applied my leave in, sealed with coconut oil, and damp bunned for work.
My hair was relatively straight last night, since it was weighed down with product, I decided to do my first proper length check for this year. I put on my homemade length check t-shirt (excuse the messy measurements), and checked my length. I am currently about 2 inches from my short term goal APL which I hope to achieve by December 2013.
I am left with about 4 months to achieve this growth, which means I really have to retain all the length I gain in these 4 months. If my hair will grow at the rate of 1/2 inch per month, I will be at my goal by the beginning of December.
Therefore my length retention strategy will be as follows:
- Keep up with my regimen. Wash weekly, DC twice a week, M&S twice daily, protein as needed and tea rinse to reduce shedding
- Drink at least 1.5l of water daily
- Daily hair, skin and nails supplement
- Do inversion method as growth aid for a week, once a month
- Protective styling (buns), and cover hair with scarf when wearing it down
- Next texlax end of November 2013, or before if growth is too much to handle
- Only comb on wash days
- No heat
Hopefully I will get to my first milestone in my hair journey. ION, this is the longest my hair has ever been im my adult life. This HHJ has really helped me :)