Monday, 1 July 2013

Wash Day (30th June 2013)

I did my wash day yesterday, instead of on Saturday. Mainly coz I hadn't managed to buy more of my Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask (and the jar that I had was almost finished) and because I was feeling really sick for most of Saturday.

I prepoo'ed on Saturday night with coconut oil, before covering up with my shower cap and woolly hat before going to bed. I woke up bright and early (8am) and brewed the tea for my tea rinse. This week I used 6 tea bags (2 each of black, green and peppermint tea) in about 1.5l of water and left it to steep for hours. I did my chores, lazed around with my historical romance (loving Georgette Heyer's novels) and took a nap before starting my wash day. I got my hair wet before dividing it into 3 sections. I started massaging my Hello Hydration shampoo onto the scalp section by section. I rinsed out the shampoo, letting the runoff clean my ends before doing my tea rinse. Normally after I pour my tea over my head I wait for about 5 minutes before rinsing it out. This week I decided to try out a technique I read about on other blogs. I just applied my DC (Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask) on top of the tea. And my hair really needed that moisturizing DC. It was so dry it drank up a lot of the conditioner. As I was applying my DC in sections, I realized that the hair at the back of my head is not so far from APL now. Its about an inch away (when straightened out and weighed down with product). I did a happy dance in my bathroom when I saw this. Anyway, I left the DC on for about an hour and rinsed out with slightly lukewarm water. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt until the t-shirt absorbed most of the moisture. I applied my leave in (VO5 moisturizing leave in conditioner) before sealing with coconut oil. Since I have what appears to be a lot of growth (about 4 inches thanks to my last texlax and my actual new growth) I had to slow down my overnight shrinkage. I decided to do threading (finally found out the conventional name for what I called "buns"). I slept in this style, and this morning when I woke up, my hair felt a bit dry. So I moisturized with my DIY spritz (aloe vera juice, water, glycerin, honey, olive oil, and drops of tea tree, eucalyptus and rose oil), getting my hair damp. I then applied my leave in conditioner on top, before sealing with coconut oil. I then did a ponytail, which I clipped up (big boss coming into town today!!). My new growth and texlaxed hair is very happy with the moisture now, and the relaxed ends are just relieved to be tucked up as usual. I think I may just transition to fully texlaxed hair, but I will do this after getting to APL and rocking out my hair at the longest it will ever be in my adult life.

Anyhoo, onto other news. It's now July, which means I should be working on the goals I set for myself. I will be travelling tomorrow, so I have to plan myself such that I can keep up with my regimen as well as I can without my entire product arsenal. I gave up on the 1 inch in 1 week challenge, too much oil dripped into my eyes and contact lenses (so not cool) and I didn't see too  much of a difference anyway. This month is going to be the month when I co-wash almost everyday, just to keep my NG moisturized before my next texlax and length check at the end of the month. That's it from me this week. I will do posts that I will put up a bit late coz of my trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment