Monday, 12 August 2013

Long Weekend (+ Wash Day)

I have just emerged from my lair after a nice, long four day weekend. Thanks to two holidays (Eid and Nane Nane) falling on Thursday and Friday,I had a relaxing weekend and managed to recharge my rundown batteries.

It was also an opportunity for me to go extra lazy and extend my wash day. I must admit, last week was just a horrid week for me. I didn't have much motivation to M&S my hair everyday, although I did manage to fit in my mid-week co-wash. I also found an app in the Apple Store called Hair Journal that I am now using to document everything I do to my hair.

So on to my wash day.

Friday night:

1. Prepoo overnight: Scalp with Avocado oil, Ends with Coconut oil

Saturday:

1. Divided hair into four sections using hair clips.
2. Shampooed hair in sections with sulfate free shampoo, mainly focusing on scalp. Rinsed a section, before clipping up and moving to the next one
3. Conditioned (in sections) using VO5 tea therapy clarifying conditioner. Let conditioner sit for 3 minutes before rinsing out section by section.
4. Tea rinse (2 bags each black, green & peppermint tea + 1 tablespoon rosemary in 2 liters of water) while in sections. Let tea sit for 10 minutes
5. Deep conditioner (Darbur Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask) without rinsing out tea. Applied DC in sections before finger detangling, and then detangling with wide toothed comb. Covered hair with plastic bag, shower cap, microfiber turban and woolen hat before leaving it to sit overnight.

Sunday

1. Rinsed out DC with cool water.
2. Wrapped hair in t-shirt for 30 minutes
3. Applied leave in (VO5 moisturizing leave in), sealed with coconut oil
4. Did threading to hair, and left it to air dry
5. Took down threading, massaged scalp with Avocado oil
6. Hair was still slightly damp, so sealed in moisture with Avocado oil while finger combing
7. Wrapped hair in scarf for bed

Monday

1. Moisturized with spritz (conditioner + water) and bunned for work


No comments:

Post a Comment