Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Quickie Update

First up, I just wanna say, the Hair Journal app is the TRUTH!!! I have been using it every time I do anything to my hair, whether its a simple M&S or my weekly wash, and it really helps me keep track of what's happening with my hair, and what I need to do next. I am now almost 5 weeks post, and with the disaster I had with hair matting and all, I am really going to have to keep up with my moisture game.

Yesterday was my mid-week co-wash and DC. I'm in the Hairlista DC challenge, and you have to do at least one DC each week with heat or overnight. And since I do not have a steamer or hooded dryer, I stick to the overnight strategy.

So last night, after my nice 6km walk, I did my co-wash. I first oiled my hair with coconut oil and divided it into 3 sections using hair clips. The coconut oil was to help in making the detangling easier. I co-washed pretty much the same way I did my last wash day with VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla and Mint Clarifying Conditioner. And can I get a cheer for finishing up that conditioner? I have one less product in my stash now. Back to the wash, after the co-wash I did the DC.

My DC was a mix made up of

1. 5 tablespoons of Darbur Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask
2. 2 tablespoons EVOO
3. 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
4. 2 tablespoons honey
5. 10 drops eucalyptus oil.

I covered it with a plastic bag before putting on all the different fabric layers to help trap my body heat and do a deep DC.

I rinsed it out this morning with cool water, and wrapped in a t-shirt to dry. I applied the VO5 leave in and sealed with coconut oil before doing a damp bun for work. My hair smells like cough medicine right now, thanks to the eucalyptus oil, but I hope it just stimulates my scalp so that I get my length goal for this year.

I think I will do a protein treatment soon, I have been having a bit of breakage recently. Oh, and I kicked out aloe vera juice from my regimen for the moment, coz I thought that was another cause of my matting.

That's it from me, cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment