Monday, 26 August 2013

Wash Day Diary

Last week was absolutely horrible. First of all, I had a really bad earache that didn't allow me to sleep for more than 4 hours each night. Then work was crazy, and I got home after 8pm on most nights after leaving home at 6am. My diet was horrible, I had severe dehydration and I didn't manage to work out. Needless to say, I fell off my hair game. I only M&S'ed once, and I skipped my mid week DC. My hair wouldn't behave itself and did its own thing puffing up, and refusing to stay in a ponytail. By Friday night, the roots were matted horribly and I really had to take action to avoid a setback.

Friday Night
1. Oiled hair heavily with coconut oil before finger detangling and removing shed hair. Massaged scalp before wrapping with scarf and going to bed.

Saturday Night
1. Prepoo'ed with Avocado oil, and finger detangled. Divided hair into four sections and twisted the sections. Covered with shower cap for bed

Sunday Morning
1. Wet hair and divided sections with hair clips.
2. Shampoo with Infusium 23 sulfate free shampoo in sections. I had a lot of build up on the scalp (since I didn't wash mid week).
3. Rinsed out shampoo, and instant conditioned with Hello Hydration (still in sections). Rinsed out conditioner
4. Tea rinse (2 bags each green, peppermint and hibiscus tea, and 2 tablespoons rosemary). Let tea sit for a few minutes
5. Applied DC (Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask) on hair without rinsing out tea. Detangled with comb, and covered with a plastic bag, and shower cap. Left it in for 4 hours.
6. Rinsed out DC with cool water.
7. T-shirt dried until damp
8. Applied leave in, and heat protection serum. Blowdried hair on low setting for 5 minutes while combing with wide tooth comb.
9. Tied hair into ponytail to air dry completely
10. Massaged avocado oil into scalp before doing inversions
11. Wrapped in scarf for bed

My neglect last week really showed during wash day. I had quite a bit of breakage and a lot of shedding :(. I have to give my hair a lot of TLC this week in order to prevent a real setback from happening

No comments:

Post a Comment