Monday, 16 September 2013

Wash Day Saga

I'm going to be honest with you this wash day almost didn't happen. My usual wash day (Saturday) didn't happen. First, I woke up early in order to break in my hiking boots for Mt Kilimanjaro. I managed to cover almost 10km in less than 2 hours, and I didn't get any blisters *fist pump*. Then after this I had to go to the doctor and get a medical done to check that I am fit enough to do the 7 day climb. I found out that I was slightly anemic (explaining the shedding I had last week). But I was given some iron tablets so I am OK in that area now. I also had to work that afternoon, and I only managed to get home after 7pm so wash day was definitely postponed.

I was feeling lazy on Sunday, and only sheer willpower got me to even wash my hair (that and the fact that I had missed my mid-week DC). So here's what went down on Sunday:

1. Prepoo'ed overnight with coconut oil under shower cap on Saturday night
2. Shampoo with Infusium 23 sulfate free formula for color treated hair (in four sections)
3. Tea rinse (black, peppermint and hibiscus tea, and rosemary infused water). Let tea sit for 5 minutes, before t-shirt drying excess tea
4. Moisturizing DC with Darbur Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask. Finger detangled before first wrapping head in cling wrap and covering with shower cap. Let it sit for 6 hours
5. Rinsed out DC first with warm water to lift DC from scalp, then with cool water to seal hair cuticle
6. T-shirt dried until damp
7. Massaged in castor oil on scalp and edges (continuing Castor Oil Challenge). Applied leave in on hair before sealing with castor oil and shea butter
8. Fully air dried overnight using banding method

Results: today my hair felt soft, and was still feeling moisturized when I finger combed and bunned for work.

All in all a great wash day was had by us.

No comments:

Post a Comment