Thursday, 17 October 2013

I'm Back!!!

Thank the good Lord I'm still alive.

I am back from my mountain climbing thingy. Yes, you read that right. I spent 6 days in the wilderness, with no showers climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. And I even got to the rim of the crater, though not to the highest point.

Me and Erick the guide who got me to Gilman's point despite my altitude sickness :)

In my last post, I had gotten box braids specifically for this, though I think it wasn't the wisest styling choice I have made since I started my hair journey. Waist length braids that weigh a kilo are not meant for sleeping bags, dust, sweat and hikes that last for a minimum of 5 hours. Anyway, by the time I finally got back to civilization, those braids were not my favorite thing in the world. My scalp was coated with a thick layer of dirt and gunk. I wasn't able to wash my scalp at first coz I didn't have shampoo or conditioner at the hotel we stayed in.

I had to go visit my mom since I was only 100km from her place. She had shampoo only, so I decided not to wash my hair there either. I was about to take down my braids coz they were feeling really gross, and I just had a feeling that a spider would happily move in. My mom managed to persuade me not to take down my braids while I was at her place. But on Tuesday morning when I was flying back to my place, I saw that the extensions had also ripped out my hair. I was so pissed I decided to start taking down the braids that night. I finally finished taking them down at around midnight today. However, I didn't have time to wash my hair. So I decided to GHE with castor oil, so that my hair could be a bit moisturized in the morning when I got ready for work. I first finger detangled to get rid of the shed hair, before comb detangling for a bit and bunning for work. I will do a clarifying wash this weekend so I can get back onto my regimen after the 2 weeks of neglect.


No comments:

Post a Comment