Friday, 17 January 2014

Hello 2014

Sorry to any regular readers, I haven't been able to update my blog and what not until now. This is coz I moved from Tanzania back home to Zim, and I had to visit all my relatives, and now I am pounding the streets searching for a job. This means my updates will be few and far in between, but hopefully once I have settled in, I will be able to post a bit more regularly.

So 2013 ended a few weeks ago. 2013 was the year I started taking the whole healthy hair journey thing seriously and tried getting my hair back into shape, and hopefully gain length as well.

My end year length target for 2013 was APL, and I reached it (sort of, I'm now grazing APL). What worked for me in 2013 was the weekly DCs, the long stretches (a total of 3 relaxers in the year) and texlaxing. I also started doing all my hair stuff on my own instead of depending on a stylist who did more harm than good to my hair. I also jumped onto a few bandwagons during the year, namely tea rinsing, inversions, and GHE. The tea rinses and inversions worked really well, I credit them with getting my hair to grazing APL from NL. The GHE was a miss, coz I overdid it and ended up with moisture overload :(. Too much of a good thing isn't the best in the world after all.

2014 is a fresh new year, and I will celebrate 2 years post BC in May. My end year length target this year is BSL. I am thinking big, and I will really need to retain, retain and retain to get there. What I will do this year is to do 6 month stretches, so that I will only do 2 relaxers during the year. I am also going to do the inversion method each month, and have a grand length reveal at the end of the year. I am also using the Wild Growth Hair Oil, to try boost my growth. It seems to be working, since my edges are filling in faster. I also plan to have my edges back in, and healthier, which means avoiding hairstyles that involve too much tension.

I also did a mini product haul this year when I went to Jeen'z shop on the 2nd floor of the Travel Plaza  in Harare. I met fellow hair obsessed ladies there while stocking up. I bought a conditioning cap, a wide toothed comb, the Wild Growth Hair Oil and Elasta QP Mango Butter moisturiser. I am already using everything I bought and I will try to post reviews once I get enough time to do so.

That's it for the moment, let me get back to job hunting.

Have a great 2014 :)

Ciao,

No comments:

Post a Comment