Monday, 20 January 2014

Quickie Update

So I have started experiencing the whole negative HHJ comments :(. When I started my HHJ I was lucky enough in that I was living alone, and could pamper my hair without anyone telling me anything negative.

Then this weekend as I was about to go wash my hair, my mum said that I am washing my hair way too much (once a week). I told her that I can't handle having  a dirty scalp, and washing once a week helps to reduce my scalp itching. Then my aunt says to my mum "Yvette has really lovely long hair, but she buys too many different products for it and applies way too much of them in her hair" (rough translation). And I just thought, the nerve of this woman. She was asking me for advice on how to grow her hair, and she takes my advice negatively.

Anyway, I have been keeping up with my regimen so far. I had carried my fave DCs and coconut oil when I left Tanzania so that's what I'm still using. I am dreading the time when I need to buy new DCs coz I have to start experimenting again to find a product that works. So annoying when I had products that really worked for my hair.

I am now 9 weeks post relaxer. My next relaxer is supposed to be in May, by which time I would have hopefully retained enough length and be at BSB by then. The growth is already driving me crazy, what with the shrinkage, and tangling. I guess I have to hide my hair soon in a protective style, but I'm not sure about what style to do. Maybe I will have two strand twists or box braids done without extensions, and then I will wig it. I need a style that will allow me to keep DCing and just maintain my hair.

That's it for now, more as soon as I manage to get back online.

Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the nay-sayers. You can totally do this chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement KLP :).

      Delete
  2. The more you keep taking care of your hair and getting it healthier, the more their negatives will turn into trying to achieve what you have. Pay them no mind. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete