Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Hair Babble

One thing about me is I really hate Tuesdays. First of all, because the memories of the weekend would have faded and the next one is just too far away for my liking. And I am not a morning person. But with the distance between where I live and where I work, I have to be up by 5am in order to be in the office on time.

So anyway, now you know I'm a regular Scrooge in the mornings. So yesterday morning, I took my grumpy self to a sandwich shop that's close to my office for breakfast. As I am waiting for my order the lady (I am using this term very loosely) serving goes "Did you even comb/brush your hair today?" I first give her a WTF look, like who even asked you. Then she persists asking whether I looked into my mirror before leaving home. By then, I am furious, and I tell her politely that yes, I combed my hair and when I left home it was looking good to me. Then (in a reflex action, I promise) I just look at her head, and see a jacked up hairline. And I just think to myself (and angrily tweeted) about how she had no right to critique my hair. When I got into my office, I headed straight to the bathrooms to see what she thought a disaster on my head and I see nothing at all wrong with it. Maybe she had gotten out of bed on the wrong side, or maybe she's having some issues but what right did she have to criticize like that, without anything constructive to say. I must say she messed up the start of my day completely.

Anyway, my day got much better when I was tweeted by the lovely Curly Eva (www.curlyeva.blospot.com) telling me to pass by her shop. So I gave up eating and exercised for lunch instead, and when I got there I got the best surprise ever. She had gone to the Healthy Hair Indaba and had gotten a fab goody bag (check it out on her blog) and decided to feed my product junkeeism by giving me a few items from it. I was grinning all the way home, and I can't wait to try some of the stuff :). Reviews will come as soon as I have used them

The wig reggie is going well so far. However, my scalp is itching like the blazes. I am thinking of doing a co wash tonight and hopefully the water will calm my scalp down. I might have some product build up from the Wild Growth oil I've been using so hopefully the co wash will deal with that.

I can't wait for the month to end. I need to start saving up for that Babyliss pro flatiron, so I can have it by my birthday. I need a quality flatiron, my current one doesn't really do much and it's faux ceramic apparently (sigh). 

Ok, that's it from me.

Ciao,

2 comments:

  1. Don't give that hater power girl! Some people just want you to feel as bad as they do. I'm sure that your hair looked fine!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement KLP :)

      Delete