Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Update: Almost 12 weeks post

I can't believe my post from last week didn't get published. Ah, the joys of using my phone to get wi-fi.

Anyway, let me quickly update y'all on what's happening with my hair. I got that weave installed a week ago but it's already annoying the heck out of me. I have a feeling that weave take down will be happening on Friday evening.

I prepared for the weave installation by:

1. Clarifying shampoo with HE Fresh Balance Shampoo
2. DC under conditioning cap with Darbur Vatika Naturals Deep Conditioning Treatment for Dull, Dry hair
3. Rinsed out with cool water, t-shirt dried and applied leave in (HE LTR leave in), and trimmed off close to an inch of hair
4. Blow dried on low setting using tension method (after applying heat protectant of course)
5. Flat ironed on low setting, mainly focusing on roots and texlaxed hair

The next day (Sunday) I had to go to a church event with the other youth from my church. I guess my hair looked so great that people couldn't believe it was mine so they weave checked me. It kinda annoyed me to have people running their hands in my hair without my permission that I ended up wearing it in a bun for the rest of the day.

I got the weave installed on Monday at a salon called New Look 2000 on Kwame Nkrumah Avenue in Harare. The stylist who installed it is called Bertha. I actually told her before she even put her hands in my hair that I have a list of requirements of what should and shouldn't be done to my hair. I told her not to comb it out with a small tooth comb, not to braid my edges, and not to braid my hair too tightly. She did follow my rules, and actually asked me whether I wanted her to oil my scalp with her product (which I didn't). Total install cost me $10, and the hair was some I had got from my mum last year But like I said the weave is now annoying me. It stinks, it has been rained on, and I just don't like weaves anymore. I miss my own hair.

I also started the February round of inversions on Sunday. I use the Wild Growth hair oil as the massage oil, and then do the inversion. I am currently in the weave, so no before/after measurements.

That's it from me.

Ciao,

No comments:

Post a Comment