Monday, 24 February 2014

Wash Day and new Protective Style

I am officially wigging it!!!

In my last post, I said that I wanted to PS for some time and I decided to use my wig which hasn't been doing much since I bought it. So I started out with a hardcore wash day on Friday evening because I had an embarrassing amount of build up and dirt on my scalp.

1. I divided my hair into 6 sections and box braided them
2. Clarifying shampoo with (diluted) ORS Uplifting Shampoo
3. DC with light protein (Vatika Naturals DC for Dull, Dry Hair) overnight
4. Rinsed out with cool water and t-shirt dried for an hour
5. Applied leave in (HE LTR) and did threading to air dry while stretching out roots
6. When hair was 90% dry, I started doing box braids with my hair only. Did about 30 box braids
7. Moisturised box braids and sealed with coconut oil

For the first time I actually felt that my hair is starting to get long. Normally with the shrinkage, I never get any hang time with my hair or even get to whip it back and forth like Willow Smith. But after doing the box braids, I felt like my hair is finally at a decent length.

So I test drove the wig regimen when I went to church yesterday. Most people didn't even notice that it was a wig, they just thought it was a great weave (win!!).

So I'm going to stick to wigging it for the next 3 weeks. I will wash my hair every week and DC it in the box braids, but I will take down the box braids at the end of 3 weeks. I will definitely rotate bunning with wigs until my next texlax in May. I think this regimen will be the best way for me to retain my length and get to my June goal of BSB (or beyond).

Ciao,

1 comment:

  1. I wore wigs a lot early in my journey, and I enjoyed it, but now I'm just too lazy to prep my hair for it.

    http://www.fredafro.com/

    ReplyDelete