Monday, 10 February 2014

Wash Day + Length Check

I hope you all had a great weekend.

I certainly had a quiet one, spent most of it at home or at church. I had my wash day on Saturday. Here's what happened:

1. Prepoo with coconut oil, and did 6 box braids
2. Clarifying shampoo with ORS Uplifting shampoo. I had diluted it and use an applicator bottle to get the shampoo to my roots and scalp
3. Protein treatment with Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor. I took out the box braids as I rinsed out the conditioner
4. Moisture DC with Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask and castor oil. Dc'ed under heat process cap for 3 hours
5. Rinsed with cool water, t-shirt dried and applied leave in (HE LTR split end protector). Then I comb detangled in 7 sections and threaded each section to airdry
6. When hair was 80% dry I applied ORS heat protection serum and blow dried on the cool setting before bunning for bed.
7. I massaged Wild Growth oil on to my scalp, moisturised with Elasta QP Mango butter and sealed with castor oil before bunning for work today.

My hair feels so soft and moisturized today. Guess I really needed the protein this weekend.

I did a mini length check using my new length check tee. First of all, let me tell you, shrinkage is evil. When I let my hair down without stretching it it only got to line 3 (CBL) of the tee. Then when I stretched, it was almost up to line 5 (almost BSB). BSB is at line 6 and my end year goal is at line 8. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my USB cable which means I can't upload the pics today. I will hopefully update this post soon with the pics.

Ciao,

UPDATE

Finally those pics I did using my length check shirt


hair length when not stretched out (12 weeks post)

just over line 4 when hunching forward

definitely at grazing APL when stretched (line 5)

1 comment:

  1. Shrinkage is absolutely the DEVIL! My BSL/MBL barely hair comes to my shoulders without stretching!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete