Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Product Review: Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer

I have almost finished my first jar of this product which means it is time for my first product review. Here it goes:

Product: Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer

Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
Price: US$15 (at Jeenz, Travel Plaza, Harare)

Ingredients:  WaterOlive Oil, Capric Caprylic Tirglycerides, PEG-75 Lanolin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceterareth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Mango butter, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Avocado Oil, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Silk, CI19140 Yellow 5.

Promises (according to the website): 

Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer

Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil creates this intensely rich thermal protecting treatment.
Benefits:
  • Use Olive Oil & Butter Moisturizerdaily for softer fuller looking hair
  • Moisturizing Butter of Mango and Olive Oil helps strengthen and protect hair against breakage, split-ends and dryness

My take: I started using this product at the end of January, when I was almost 12 weeks post. I needed a moisturizer that really sunk into my new growth making it easier to detangle, and more hydrated. I have extremely thick type 4 hair as well as texlaxed hair so a heavy butter seems to work best for me.

I use the butter when I moisturize and seal. The butter is easily absorbed by my hair and instantly softens it, making it easier to smooth into my updo for the day without a comb. I also love the cones in the product. They add some much needed slip making it easier to detangle. It does not weigh down my hair, and like I said earlier is easily absorbed giving maximum benefit to my hair.

The product is also in a jar, amking it easy to scoop up the amount I want to use. I also love the smell of this product, it makes my hair smell fab.The only thing I don't like about this product is that the quantity is too small for me. When I'm coming up to 18 weeks post, with 2.5 inches of growth and plenty of texlaxed hair, I need more product that can last for longer.

I can't really say much about the price since I'm in Africa, and my BSS imports this stuff, so it is bound to be a wee bit more expensive than it would be in the USA or the UK. 

Conclusion: This moisturizer get 5/5 thumbs up from me and makes it to staple status

No comments:

Post a Comment