Monday, 24 March 2014

Wash Day Saga - Clarifying and Protein Session

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend.

I did my wash day yesterday afternoon after my after-Mass nap. I had to clarify since I had major scalp (and hair build up) and I also wanted to do a protein treatment since I had used heat last week, and my hair was feeling fragile. I was even having little bits of hair break off and I was NOT happy about it. The breakage also made me decide to go back to my wigging regimen since my hair needs to have very little manipulation right now and lots of TLC. Here's what happened:

1. Prepoo with coconut oil, finger detangled and did 8 box braids to wash in
2. Shampoo with ORS Uplifting shampoo + a hotel shampoo diluted with water (I really need to buy more shampoo)
3. Rinsed out shampoo, and used a t-shirt to absorb excess water. Protein treatment with Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor for 5 minutes in the sum under a plastic cap
4. Rinsed out the protein treatment and blotted excess water with a t-shirt. Applied DC (Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair) and covered with a plastic cap for 1 hour. ION connected to this step, I really lost my heat processing cap somewhere in my room. I swear there's a hair stuff eating monster hiding under my bed. I had to sit out in the sun for an hour so that the DC could really penetrate
5. Rinsed out the DC and t-shirt dried for 30 minutes.
6. Undid each box braid, applied HE LTR Split End Protector and detangled using my wide tooth comb from ends to roots. Then I did the box braid up again into 2 or 3 smaller box braids.
7. This morning I moisturised my box braids with Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter moisturizer before sealing with a new oil blend that I will review in a few weeks. I then wore a wig cap on top before wearing my new SL wig to work today.

This time I am taking the wig regimen seriously. My hair has absolutely refused to behave and will keep on acting up until my touch up. I am still pushing for a 6 month stretch (about 26 weeks according to when I want to relax) and I do not want to do it earlier. So my two wigs will be my salvation until then.

By the way you can now find me on blogloving... I am slow to the party I know.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10859389/?claim=4hxwyy35wt2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

So tell me, how was your wash day?



Ciao,

4 comments:

  1. I followed you on Bloglovin!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, wash day is so annoying for me lol I need my tangle teezer back! I remember I was doing stretches too and then one day I had so much natural growth that I was like eh and cut it off lol Oh and ORS replenishing conditioner is the bomb dot com, have you tried that?:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love ORS Replenishing conditioner. The slip is the stuff of dreams, and I love the smell. But I ran out of it and I can't afford to buy more at the moment :(

      Delete