Monday, 17 March 2014

Wash Day Saga: Direct Heat

This post almost didn't happen. But since I'm trying to stay disciplined and keep up with my posting schedule, here is your Wash Day Saga post.

This weekend was pretty hectic. I was supposed to do my wash day on Saturday but I ended up going to watch rugby (AKA socialize).I ended up moving my wash day to Sunday after church. My wash day was made even more complicated by the fact that we had a power outage in my neighbourhood since Saturday night (the joys of living in Africa) and I wanted to use heat one last time until just before my texlax in May.

This is what happened:

1. Prepoo with coconut oil
2. Finger detangled and braided hair into 8 box braids for washing
3. Shampoo with sulfate free shampoo (Infusium 23)
4. DC with mix of Vatika Naturals DC for dull, dry hair and Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair for 2 hours using the sun as my heat source :)
5. Rinsed out with cold water, t-shirt dried for 1.5 hours
6. Applied leave in (HE Long Term Relationship Split End Protector) and comb detangled
7. Did 4 cornrows for bed
8. Flat ironed using ORS Heat Protection serum this morning.

OK, I seriously should just stop using heat. Its not helping to straighten my new growth, and its definitely not helping my bone straight ends (sigh). I am going back into my wig regimen either tonight or this weekend. My hair is now definitely grazing BSB but I will do a bit of a cut when I texlax in May just to get rid of some of the bone straight hair. I think I am on track for BSB by June, and BSL by December. I just to keep up with the regimen and really start wigging it. I am going to buy a new wig today, though truth be told, most of the wigs I have seen in Harare so far are not appealing

I ended up only doing 3/7 days of inversions this past week. I blame it on my party animal side that went out of control this past week.

I also had to top up some of my products on Friday. I was running out of my essentials and I needed them even though I was broke. I got my Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter moisturizer and Tresemme moisturising conditioner (which I will use to DC after adding a little sum'n sum'n to it).

So conclusions (and goals) from my wash day are:

1. No more heat until the week before texlax
2. Back on protective style regime 95% of the time until May
3. Urgent need for protein on next wash day
4. Mini trim after texlax
5. Need to buy a new wig like yesterday


That's it from me this week.

How did your wash day go?



Ciao,

3 comments:

  1. A heat detox is one of the very best things that you can do for your ends! Kudos to you for committing to it!

    And thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title got me laughing. Wash days can indeed be a saga:) Could you please add bloglovin or google plus to make it easy to follow your posts? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit technologically challenged (hiding face in shame) but I am trying to do that as I type. Thanks for passing by :)

      Delete