Monday, 3 March 2014

Wash Day Saga

Hello,

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine wasn't all that as a cousin of mine passed away and I couldn't go for the funeral because of work obligations, and the fact that I had to stay at home to supervise our house help.

I did my wash day on Saturday and this is what happened:

1. Prepoo with coconut oil while hair was in box braids from during the week
2. Shampoo with sulfate free shampoo (Infusium 23) on scalp. Rinsed out and repeated
3. DC with Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair under heat process cap for one hour
4. Rinsed with cold water, t-shirt dried for 30 minutes, applied leave in (HE LTR since I was planning to blow dry the box braids) and heat protectant (ORS heat protection serum).
5. Blow dried on cool setting for 5 minutes, and air dried.
6. Oiled scalp with Wild Growth Oil and re-did some of the box braids that were loose

So I am now in week 2 of the wig reggie and it seems to be going good. I completed my wash day with minimal manipulation (since I washed in the box braids) and I didn't use a comb at all. I only blow dried because it was cold and raining and I didn't really want to catch a cold or let my hair grow moldy while trying to air dry the box braids. So I tried out the Beautiful Textures DC and I'm still on the fence about it. I think I will have to use it a few more times to see whether its a keeper in my reggie.

Well, that's it from me for today.

Ciao,

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry hear about your loss darling. My prayers go out to your family.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete