Happy Easter everybody!!!
I am so happy Lent is over. I can get my caffeine on without feeling guilty now :).
I did my wash day on Saturday, since I hoped to have clean hair for the midnight Mass (which I ended up missing). Anyhoo, this is what I did on Saturday:
1. Hot oil treatment with coconut oil. I just wanted to oil my hair as a prepoo since I was supposed to go do some community service. But my coconut oil was solid (first time this has happened to me) and I ended up putting my bottle into some hot water to melt down the oil. Since community service got cancelled, I ended up doing the hot oil treatment and covering my hair with my heat processing cap for 2 hours (while watching Celebrity Masterchef) to let all that goodness into my hair strands.
2. Clarifying shampoo. Since my hair was not in box braids, I decided to do a thorough shampoo, and get to the bits that were being left behind when I washing in braids. I separated my hair using my claw clips, and shampooed once using ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo
3. Protein Treatment. I felt like my hair needed some protein after having just moisture recently so I did a protein treatment with Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. I left it in for about 3 minutes before rinsing out.
4. Moisturizing DC. Of course I had to follow up with some moisture after the protein. I applied my Tresemme Naturals conditioner mostly on my new growth and texlaxed hair before covering with 2 shower caps and the heat processing cap before letting it all marinate for 4 hours. I spent the last 2 hours in the sun since we had a powercut, and I wanted to intensify the DC effect.
5. I rinsed out with cold water before t-shirt drying for an hour. Since I am not using heat at the moment, I decided to air dry using African threading. I did 6 of the threading thingies and left my hair in them overnight.
6. On Sunday I took out the threads and airdried my hair while it was loose. I ended up doing two french braids for bed on Sunday.
7. On Monday, I did a scalp massage with Wild Growth hair oil. I also put a little oil on my hair when I (finally) went to church. Later in the afternoon, I did threading again, only with smaller sections (10) so I could really stretch my new growth.
8. This morning, I took down the threads, moisturized with Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter moisturizer before doing a pony tail for work. I just felt like showing off my length and thickness. From tomorrow, I am back to bunning until May when I go back into the wigs.
So, how was your wash day?