1. Prepoo with coconut oil ( and also to protect my hair from the woollen hat I ended up wearing to church)
2. Shampoo with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. First impression, great shampoo. I didn't need to use a lot, and it lifted the build up in a snap.
3. Tea rinse (green tea, rooibos tea, linden tea and a lemon). The linden tea is a tea i found in our kitchen, most probably bought by my mum who is into herbal teas. According to Wikipedia "Active ingredients in the linden flowers include flavonoids (which act as antioxidants), volatile oils, and mucilaginous constituents (which soothe and reduce inflammation). The plant also contains tannins that can act as an astringent".
4. Deep conditioned with Tresemme Naturals mixed with the very last bits of Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair under my heat processing cap for 2 hours.
5. Rinsed out the DC with cool; water, and t-shirt dried for and hour.
6 I then sat down with my HE LTR and wide tooth comb and started taking down and plaiting the box braids all over again so that they look neater. I had very little shedding, though I ended my breaking my own hair because some of it had been braided into the wrong box braid :(
7. This morning I did a scalp massage with a sample bottle of Nubian Nature Hair Essence with Argan oil that I received from Jeenz. Review of this product will be up this week.
I am back under the wig regimen again. This cold weather that suddenly came over the weekend makes me just want to hide my hair. I am staying under these wigs all winter to keep warm throughout.
So that was my washday experience for 20 weeks post relaxer.
Join in the #washdayexperience with KLP and Keyda over at SavingOurStrands.