Friday, 25 April 2014

Winter Challenge Update + Random Hair Babble

TGIF!!!!

The weekend is almost here, and I am happy. I need to wake up for once when the sun is high in the sky, and the temperature outside has warmed up a bit. I am tired of leaving home by 6am to make to the office on time.

OK, mini rant is over. I remember when I started the Winter Challenge, I promised to do an update on how I was doing with it.

I already used one of my cheats on alcohol. I went out with a friend one Friday night after work to unwind, and I ended up consuming quite a bit of booze. One cheat left,. and hopefully I will use it more wisely than I did the last one.

I did my first hot oil treatment last Saturday, I can still feel the effects. Some of my hair actually turned out to be curly (yes, curly!!!) and clumped together beautifully. And my hair stayed quite moisturised for most of the week. I only did a bit of extra moisture just to cut off any matting in advance but it wasn't really necessary though.

I have been hiding my hair most of the time. For the first two weeks of April, I was under my wigs, then this week I have been mostly bunning. I only (semi) wore my hair down once in a ponytail on Tuesday but after that, my ends have been tucked away. I will wear my hair out twice when I go for a date this weekend and next weekend when I go to watch my cousin perform at HIFA. (for those in Zim, her performance will be on the Coke Green on the 3rd of May at 10.30pm). I will start the wig regimen again throughout May, and my next hair out phase will be in June.

My scalp has been itching like crazy though this week. Maybe I shoul;d just stick to co-washing/sulfate free shampoos, and minimal/no scalp oiling to see if that works.

Onto random hair talk, this morning I ended up with toothpaste on my hair. I don't know how it happened, but yes, I looked into the mirror and had toothpaste in my hair. I think I need new shower caps now.

I did a happy dance this morning when I realised that my lead hair where now at BSL. Like under my bra strap BSL. I will have to trim them back soon I guess, but maybe after 4 months or so to give the rest of my hair time to catch up.

Well, that's it from me. Have a great weekend, and don't do what I would do.

Ciao,


No comments:

Post a Comment