Monday, 19 May 2014

Wash Day - Clarifying at 6 Months Post

Hello everybody!!!

I hope you had a great weekend. Well, we have been having some chilly mornings at home, and I'm telling you, I am not feeling this weather at all. Can't September arrive, and the world warm up again?

So this past Saturday, I officially made it to 6 months post relaxer. It was also meant to have been my touch up day, but I decided to transition, and even protected myself from temptation by giving my ORS no-lye box kit to my brother's fiancee.

I washed my hair on Saturday morning/afternoon, and this is what happened:

1. Hot oil treatment/prepoo with coconut oil under heat cap for 2 hours

2. Clarifying shampoo with ORS Creamy aloe shampoo. And the shampoo session was also meant to chelate since we have hard water at our house (we use borehole water). I focused mainly on my scalp since I had a major case of the itchies, but also ran some shampoo onto my ends just to lift off the oil and dust that got onto my strands during the week.

3. Instant conditioned with African Pride Dream Kids Detangling Conditioner. I needed to just boost the moisture in my hair after clarifying and I thought this would help.

4. Deep conditioned with the ORS Hairepair Conditioner. The ingredient list makes it read as a light protein, and I felt that my hair needed a bit of protein (especially the bone straight ends). I kept in the DC for 3 hours under my heat process cap

5. I rinsed out the DC with cold water, t-shirt dried for an hour and  applied my leave in (VO5 moisturising leave in conditioner). I then sealed with Wild Growth oil.

6. I felt like the box braids I had in were starting to mat. I am not transitioning to locs yet!!! So i decided to take them down on Sunday afternoon. And I detangled, first with my finger and then with a widetooth comb. The amount of hair that came out was scary, until I remembered it was 2 weeks' worth of shedding. But I also had some breakage. All the bone straight hair is just breaking off. Maybe I need to just trim off those 3 inches and remain with texlaxed hair and NG.

So that's my #washdayexperience for this week. Don't forget to join the other ladies in the #washdayexperience linkup with KLP of SavingourStrands and Jen of JustGrowAlready.


The Wash Day Experience

5 comments:

  1. Hi Yvette! Thumbs up for beating temptation:D
    We're both at 6 months post, looks like our transitions are running parallel. Nice one giving out your relaxer box, I gave my profectiv away too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaay!!! yet another reason to stalk your blog. I will be there watching for transitioning tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on transitioning !!! Getting to 6 months post is no easy task good luck to you :

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Throws confetti for 6 months post* You betta get it chica!!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for getting to 6 months post relaxer and all the best in your transition! Will be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete