Hey everyone, hope you had a pleasant weekend.
I had a good wash day this weekend. I am still on my low fuss/manipulation wash day thing and it seems to be working out well. I am experiencing less breakage and my hair feels moisturised and strong. I am achieving a good balance with this current regimen. Anyhoo, enough with the rambling and on to what really happened.
1. I did a coconut oil prepoo/hotoil treatment. I just applied the warm oil to my box braids and let it sit in my hair for 2 hours while I did my laundry.
2. Shampoo with Infusium 23 sulfate free shampoo. I hadn't done a 'poo wash for about 2 weeks and I could really feel it on my scalp. The shampoo helped to lift some of the build up.
3. DC with Tresemme naturals conditioner overnight. I applied the conditioner to my box braids, and covered in two shower caps, my heat process cap and a woolly hat. I let it all stew until my shower on Sunday morning.
4. I rinsed out the conditioner with warm water and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt while going through the rest of my shower routine. When my hair was damp, I applied the VO5 leave in moisturiser as my leave in, and sealed with coconut oil. I let my hair airdry in a ponytail while at church.
5. I rebraided a few of the box braids at the back of my head and finger combed out the shed hair. I even did an unofficial length check by pulling down my hair.
I am definitely at BSB now but I'm going to wait to claim it after I take down my box braids at the end of the month (and when I have completed my round of inversions + GHE). When I claim BSB I will be left with 2 inches to full BSL. so I will be working on achieving that by the end of September. At this rate I may even make MBL (grazing) by the end of the year. I think I will have to reset my end year goal from BSL to MBL because it seems like I will be past that soon.
That's it for my wash day this week, simple, and quick but still getting good stuff to my hair.
Remember to join in the #washdayexperience with Saving our Strands.