Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Winter Challenge Update: Post 2

The cold weather (and my numb fingers) this morning reminded me that I needed to do my Winter Challenge update. I haven't been updating as much as I hoped to, but oh well here I am, trying to make up for it.

Well, I gave up on journaling everything I do to my hair. I seriously don't have enough time or energy for that. So, I will stick to looking at my blog posts and seeing what I did to my hair, and what might need to change.

I have managed to resist the use of direct heat, and I am hoping to keep it that way for most of my transition. This will hopefully help with my length retention and general hair health. I have managed to keep up with my DCs, and my hair is almost always in a protective style or low manipulation style.

Last week I cut out the scalp massages because my scalp felt irritated by the use of the oil. So I just cut it out to see f it makes a difference. It hasn't made much of a real difference, so I guess I will do a clarifying shampoo, focusing on my scalp mainly this weekend and see if that helps.

I used up my other cheat again on alcohol. Peer pressure is real, let me tell you. I am left without any cheats and I needed a cheat for my birthday. Sigh, I think I will have to delete the no booze rule. I will end up breaking it a lot.

My next length check will be at the end of the month to see if I have made BSB (6'' on my length check shirt).

Have a great Wednesday :)



2 comments:

  1. This Summer is actually working on my favor right now. I am trying to avoid glycerine oil. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvette Yvette Yvette this peer pressure excuse lol what happened to anything for my beautiful hair. Cant wait for the Length check lovely post

    ReplyDelete