Friday, 4 July 2014

African Black Soap - My new shampoo bar

I recently decided to cut down on my use of sulfate shampoos. Although they do work for me when I use them in a specific way (prepoo, do a scalp only lather and use the suds to clean the length), I have been thinking that since I now have a lot of new growth, I needed an alternative that would keep my new hair healthy and moisturised. So I decided to explore a new route, shampoo bars. Now in Zimbabwe, shampoo bars are a mythical creature, ranking up there with unicorns, vampires and werewolves. So my next option was to get soap that I can use to wash my hair that's all natural and wouldn't strip my hair, but still clean my scalp effectively. That's when I decided to get some African black soap, which is very easy to find in Harare.


Dudu-Osun African Black Soap Sale


I bought the Dudu Osun black soap, just one bar this month to try out. I made sure the packaging was not torn since I am afraid of using contaminated products (yes, I'm paranoid). I have been reading up on the soap and this is what I found out:

"According to Organic Spa Magazine, the soap may fade skin discoloration and dark spots. The soap cleanses gently, so it's ideal for people with rosacea, rashes, dryness and other skin conditions. African black soap contains plantain extract, which has antibacterial properties that may help treat acne breakouts. Some people use the soap as a shampoo or mild makeup remover." source


''Traditional African black soap is brownish-black in color but is never fully black. It has an organic soft shape with an earthy unscented smell. This soap is completely pure and chemical-free. Plantain skin- it’s main ingredient- is a natural source of vitamin A, vitamin E, and iron, which explains why this soap is so nourishing to skin and hair.
People love this soap because it can be used anywhere on the body from head to toe and is often said to have a healing effect. It is commonly used to relieve acne, clear blemishes, bumps, and many other skin issues. African black soap also gives skin a deep clean, leaving it radiant and healthy. Many women even use it to remove their makeup.
For centuries it has been used as a shampoo because it eliminates stubborn oil and dirt from hair, scalp, and skin, while leaving your hair soft. Although this soap cleans very well, it is safe to use on even the most sensitive skin.''
- See more at: http://hollistics.com/2012/12/04/black-soap-for-skin-and-hair/#sthash.sx8N5WJR.dpuf

''African people use black soap to rid the skin of all sorts of ailments and you can too!  It is used for rashes, ring worm, measles, psoriasis, eczema, acne, chronic body odors, and for just getting clean.  An excellent product for tender sensitive skin, reduces splotches and bumps, fades dark spots, shrinks and refines pores, and leaves the skin soft, smooth and supple.  It is used as a shampoo to relieve and prevent itchy dry scalp and dandruff.  It gives luster and shine to hair as it conditions, protects, strengthens and repairs the hair shaft.  Black soap also makes the hair easier to style as it coats the hair shaft in a very fine shield of shea butter, protecting hair from sun rays and environmental pollution.'' source 

So I will use the black soap for cleansing my hair and scalp from this weekend, as well as for clearing my facial acne and acne scars. If it works well this month, I will use the black soap as an all over body and hair cleanser. 

Product review will be up at the end of July when I have had enough time to assess its effectiveness.

Have a great weekend every one!!!

5 comments:

  1. hey girl. were can I buy the soap I would like to try it out too

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can finf it in shops that sell perfumes and cosmetics, try along robert mugabe,just before first street. I just cant do with out black soap ,these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. African Black Soap In Dubai is revered for having skin nourishing benefits due to an abundance of antioxidants. The soap is made from the ashes of plantain skin, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, and shea tree bark. Check here & Buy Cosmetics Products Online. It is always avialble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased cosmetics products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics.html

    ReplyDelete