Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Product Review - ORS Hairepair Nourishing Conditioner

Hey folks,

I am back with another product review. I have used this product for over 2 months, and I love it. Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was bought with my own funds, and this review is unbiased and based on my experiences with the product.

Product: ORS Hairepair Nourishing Conditioner Pak
Price: US$ 3 at Jeenz, Travel Plaza, Harare


Product Promises:
  • Formulated with banana extract for concentrated moisture and detangling
  • Enriched with bamboo extract to help provide added strength & shine
  • Perfect for natural, color treated and/or relaxed hair

Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner helps restore the moisture and protein balance to dry, weak and/or damaged hair. This moisture and protein intensive conditioner helps restore moisture and rebuild dry and damaged hair. Formulated with Banana extract to provide concentrated moisture and Bamboo extract for added strength and shine. May be used on natural, color-treated and/ or relaxed hair. Leaves hair moisturized, easy-to-comb and with improved shine. (source)

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), POLYQUATERNIUM-37, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, PPG-1 TRIDECETH-6, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, TRIDECYL STEARATE, NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIMETHICONE PEG-7 COCOATE, MUSA SAPIENTUM (BANANA) FRUIT EXTRACT, DIMETHICONE, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS (BAMBOO) LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, PANTHENOL, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, LANOLIN OIL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, QUATERNIUM-80, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, DISODIUM EDTA, DMDM HYDANTOIN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENZYL BENZOATE (source)

My Take:

I absolutely love, love, love this conditioner. It is at Holy Grail product status for me right now. The slip it has is amazing, it makes tangles melt like butter in the sun. It moisturizes so well that I even forget its a light protein. And the fact that it is a light protein helps to strengthen my lines of demarcation while I am transitioning. Which means this conditioner ticks the right boxes. I have used the conditioner about 5 times now, and I must admit, it gives consistent results. I use it mostly after clarifying, although I have used it to dry deep condition as well. Still, it works well in either case, as a deep conditioner on dry hair and as a normal DC after a shampoo. I have used this conditioner after doing a medium protein treatment with Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. I did not experience any protein overload, since like I said before, it moisturizes so well that one can forget it is a light protein. The smell is pretty strong, it has a banana smell. I sometimes like the smell, but at other times that overly banana scent just kills my vibe. And also, the fact that it comes in a teeny weeny one use pack bugs me. The pack is enough to use for anyone, even people with massive amounts of hair like me. But I would prefer a 2 litre tub (are you taking notes ORS?) so that I can use this conditioner daily if possible. The price is also pretty reasonable, I have seen it on Amazon being sold for $3.49 while I got it at Jeenzbeautysupply for  $3.

All in all, I give this conditioner 5/5 thumbs up coz it's pure awesomeness in a pack.

2 comments:

  1. Great review, totally get what you meant by it moisturises so well you forget it has protein in it- the replenishing pak is like that too.
    I'll be on the lookout for this.
    It comes in a squeeze bottle too, not just the pak. I saw it on another blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello divas,u can purchase this product from our on line store.we situated in port Harcourt and ship within the state and other major cities in Nigeria.


    WWW.hairdiva.com.ng

    ReplyDelete