Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Wash Day Saga and Relaxer Musings

Hey everyone. I hadn't managed to put this post up earlier thanks to internet connectivity issues, and just feeling low. But I am back now :)

I ended up moving my wash day from Saturday to Sunday. Saturday was one of my closest friend's birthday and I had to go and enjoy the day with the rest of the gang. It was a great party and even the drama that happened at the end wasn't enough to count it as a night well spent.

So on Sunday, I was pretty hungover from the party, and still tired. So I decided to do a quickie wash. I first did 8 box braids for my wash day while waiting for the water to get warm.  I first washed my hair and scalp using Dudu Osun black soap. I rinsed off the soap, and then did a DC with ORS Replenishing conditioner for an hour. I rinsed off with cool water, and did a vinegar rinse (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water) before wrapping my hair in a t-shirt. By then it was pretty late, so I decided to blow dry my hair to shorten the drying process, and bunned for bed. And that was it for my wash day.

I'm going to be honest with y'all, I am currently 8 months post and I'm seriously thinking of going back to the relaxer. I know someone (I see you Curly Eva) will be laughing at me, but honestly I can't take the way my hair has been acting lately. I have had a series of consecutive bad hair days, and I think of when I had texlaxed hair that would act with slightly more decency that my current new growth. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I guess what I will do at the moment is extend my stretch/transition to 1 year post, and then reevaluate and decide on a course of action after that.

In other (better) news, I am happy to see results from my last set of inversions. I trimmed off some of my hair before my last wash day, and I did my inversions during the week after (14th - 18th July). And I regained the length I lost from trimming :). I am happy about this. I may still get to BSL at the end of the year.

Well, that's it from me. Until the next time...

Peace and love,

Yvette

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about the issues with your hair. At least you're reaching your length goals. Do with your hair whatever will make you happy, it's yours after all and the point is to enjoy it.
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that everyone's hair behaves badly at lease once during their transition. Keep truckin until you can't take it anymore! At least that way, you won't regret big chopping early!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair misbehaves when I've had it in braids for too long, haha. Silly hair. So just keep trying with it, and it'll work out eventually. And if you want to continue to relax, why not. Once you keep up a good regimen to keep you and your hair happy.

    ReplyDelete