Well, I'm going to jump right into it, and share my washday experience for this past week. This is what happened:
1. On Friday night, I oiled my hair with African Royale Hot 6 Oil, and finger detangled. Once I finger detangled each section, I put it into a box braid. I ended up with 8 box braids. I also dusted about 1/2 inch - 1 inch off the box braids because I had seen some split ends. One section of my hair doesn't have any bone straight ends left now :)
2. On Saturday morning, I shampooed my hair with diluted ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I wanted to clarify/chelate because my scalp felt extra icky. I diluted it in a 1:2 ratio (one part shampoo, 2 parts water).
3. I did my protein treatment using Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. I left it on my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
4. After letting the excess water drip, I applied my DC, ORS Hairepair Nourishing Conditioner. Its a light protein, but since the 2 Minute Reconstructor isn't too intense, I decided I wouldn't get protein overload. So I DC'ed for 2 hours under my heat cap, and rinsed with warm water.
5. I t-shirt dried for 20 minutes, before starting to style.
6. I wanted to try a braidout, So I decided to do 16 box braids, starting from the 8 I already had. What I did was apply my leave in (VO5 moiturising leave in), seal with the Hot 6 oil and then ad a bit of Ecostyler gel to hold the curls before rebraiding. I let my hair airdry completely overnight
7. I started taking down my box braids in the morning before church. And the braid out looked weird coz the bone straight ends hadn't curled muchI really didn't have the time to do anything with my hair since I was late for Mass, so I just did a textured bun.
8. I later finger detangled to take out most of the curls, so I could go back to just bunning this week. And that's all I did
Remember to join the #washdayexperience linkup, and have fun with the rest of this great community of ladies.
Peace and love,