Just a quick advance notice, I won't be blogging much for some time. I have a family crisis at the moment, and will be fully back once everything is over. However, the #washdayexperience posts will keep coming (if I wash my hair) since I have to keep track of what I am doing.
This will be very short and sweet, because my wash day was pretty short. Here's what happened:
1. I finally made up my mind to wash my hair. I had thought of not doing anything, but decided to just do it.
2. Finger detangled and did 8 box braids to wash in.
3. Shampooed scalp and ends with Dark and Lovely Color Signal Neutralizing shampoo. I know its a weird choice, but my hair liked it, and was not stripped at all.
4. DC'ed with ORS Hair Mayo. I was told that this is a medium to heavy protein, but my hair treated it like ORS Replenishing Conditioner. My hair was so soft after I rinsed out that I didn't bother to do a moisturising DC afterwards (and I didn't have the time).
5. T-shirt dried for about 3 hours. Things were crazy at home.
6. Applied my leave in (African Pride Shea Miracle Leave in conditioner) and sealed with Hot Six oil. Then I did the threading like I did last wash day to completely air dry in.
That was my wash day in a nutshell. Short, and to the point.
I will miss y'all while I am offline. Take care