Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Wash Day - Clarifying + Protein

Just a quick advance notice, I won't be blogging much for some time. I have a family crisis at the moment, and will be fully back once everything is over. However, the #washdayexperience posts will keep coming (if I wash my hair) since I have to keep track of what I am doing.

This will be very short and sweet, because my wash day was pretty short. Here's what happened:

1. I finally made up my mind to wash my hair. I had thought of not doing anything, but decided to just do it.

2. Finger detangled and did 8 box braids to wash in.

3. Shampooed scalp and ends with Dark and Lovely Color Signal Neutralizing shampoo. I know its a weird choice, but my hair liked it, and was not stripped at all.

4. DC'ed with ORS Hair Mayo. I was told that this is a medium to heavy protein, but my hair treated it like ORS Replenishing Conditioner. My hair was so soft after I rinsed out that I didn't bother to do a moisturising DC afterwards (and I didn't have the time).

5. T-shirt dried for about 3 hours. Things were crazy at home.

6. Applied my leave in (African Pride Shea Miracle Leave in conditioner) and sealed with Hot Six oil. Then I did the threading like I did last wash day to completely air dry in.

That was my wash day in a nutshell. Short, and to the point.

I will miss y'all while I am offline. Take care

Kisses,

Yvette

2 comments:

  1. Short and sweet. The best wash days are :)
    I wish you all the best with the family crisis, I hope it all gets sorted. I'll miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and your family! It will get better soon chica!

    Thanks for taking the time to share!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete