Wash day this week was pretty simple. I just decided to focus on the basics, and my hair turned out pretty well. Here's how my #washdayexperience went...
1. I did a coconut oil prepoo, and detangled my hair. As I finished detangling a section, I would braid it up. I ended up with 8 braids to wash in.
2. Washed my scalp with Dudu Osun African Black soap. I rinsed off using warm water. I washed twice, since I was trying to lift the build up on my scalp.
3. I DC'ed with Elasta QP DPR 11+ Deep Penetrating Remoisturizing conditioner. I left it in for a while (not sure how long).
4. I rinsed out the conditioner and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt. Then I had to take a nap because I was in pain (I injured my ankle while playing tennis on Friday).
5. I woke up a couple of hours later, took down a box braid, detangled, applied my leave in (Shea Miracle), detangled again and sealed with coconut oil before threading up the section. I air dried in African threading.
Results: My hair feels nicely moisturised (although I have to remoisturize my new growth a lot more now to prevent matting since I am not using combs.). I had missed the way coconut oil smells. I will be using it a lot more now since its getting
How did your wash day go?