Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Wash Day Saga - Two Washes

If only the weekend could have been extended till next Monday, I would have been in lazy girl heaven right now... But alas, I am not in charge, so no extra holidays. But I did have a great weekend and ended up squeezing in 2 washes. Here's what happened:

1. Friday night: Prepoo/ hot oil treatment using coconut oil. Left it in overnight covered with my shower cap. Detangled and put hair into box braids for washing

2. Saturday morning: Washed my hair using Dudu Osun soap (African Black Soap)

3. Instant conditioned using African Pride Dream Kidz Olive Miracle Moisturising and Detangling conditioner.

4. T-shirt dried until 80% dry, before applying leave in (African Pride Shea Miracle Leave In Conditioner) and sealing with African Royale Hot 6 Oil. Since we were having a long weekend, I decided to protective style for that entire time using African threading.



5. Then on Tuesday, my hair was dirty (after house cleaning like a mad woman) so I decided to do an overnight DC. Since the weather is getting warmer, I am thinking of going back to doing 2 DCs each week. So i mixed up some honey, extra virgin olive oil and ORS Replenishing Conditioner for my overnight DC mix. I just applied the DC in the 4 quadrants my hair was in during the threading and covered with my shower cap and some old pantyhose for bed. I rinsed out the DC this morning using cold water, t-shirt dried, applied my leave in (Shea Miracle) and damp bunned for work. Lol, I just realised I forgot to seal my hair, so I will do that later on.

I am doing my inversion challenge this week (ending it on Sunday). I will hopefully gain some more length, since I need to make my goal of BSL this year. By the way, I joined Jen's 30 day Anti Split End Challenge, and a post will be up on how I am fighting splits this month.

Peace and love,


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining my & Jen's split end challenge! Your hair looks great. I use to think 2x a week regi was tedious but the more I do it, the easier it becomes. It's been so helpful this smoldering summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The hair woes are over. Glad to see your hair is doing well again and making you smile. I've been lazy to dc twice a week but the humidity has kept things peachy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viva threading viva! Viva 2 DC's viva! Really I wish I was home for this holiday but I missed out. I was just thinking that I should stick to african threading to keep my hair straight. Im not sure if blowdrying on cool air counts as using heat...

    I am loving how well your washes went this time!!

    ReplyDelete