Monday, 8 September 2014

Wash Day Experience - Tried and True

So this wash day, according to the Septemeber #washdayexperience linkup rules, I had to go for what I know works, and my hair loves. I decided to do a very simple wash day with some of my favorite products, and just pamper my hair.

First up, I moved my wash day from the weekend to Thursday coz I knew I would not have time during the weekend. So I decided to stretch it over 2 days. My hair was already in box braids that I was wearing under my wig so I kept them in for the wash day.

1. Thursday morning - I washed my hair using my Dudu Osun African Black soap. My scalp had been really itchy so I focused on lifting all the gunk that had built up on my scalp. and rinsed off with warm water.

2. I t-shirt dried my hair while going through the rest of my usual shower routine. Then I applied my DC (Elasta QP DPR 11+), and covered with my shower cap and wig cap. I wore my wig on top and spent the rest of the day having an intense DC session.

3. I rinsed out my hair on Friday morning with warm water, especially focusing on my scalp, coz I want to avoid scalp build up.

4. I t-shirt dried for about 30 minutes, applied my leave in (Shea Miracle) and sealed with vaseline before putting on my wig for work

5. I took down the box braids and wore a curly ponytail to hang out with friends (Cricket on Saturday was awesome).

6. Then on Sunday, I decided to do chunky twists that I could wear under my wig this week.

And that was my wash day. Very simple and straightforward.

How was your wash day?

3 comments:

  1. Nice, i played around with an avocado this weekend. How good is the vaseline as a sealant? You really caught me off guard with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vaseline is pretty good. My hair is till moisturised (and its almost a week now since wash day). I think I will rotate between castor oil and vaseline for sealing to see if I can retain length better

      Delete
  2. I physically drew back when I saw vaseline but don't mind me and my bias. I'm glad it worked for you, as far as sealants go that's as tight a seal as it gets

    ReplyDelete