Monday, 22 September 2014

Wash Day Saga - Rolling Down The River


I must admit, the September #washdayexperience linkup themes are awesome. This week the theme was rolling down the river. I was feeling too lazy to break out my flexirods, so I decided to try a Bantu knot out. Here's what happened...
1. I did an overnight DC with Elasta QP DPR 11+ conditioner. My hair loves this conditioner, it's a great moisture boost. Oh and my hair was in 8 box braids for the entire wash process. 

2. I rinsed out the conditioner with warm water, and then did a scalp wash using African Black soap. 

3. After the scalp wash I did an oil rinse using a mix of the last of my Hot 6 oil and coconut oil

4. I t-shirt dried for about an hour. After that I took down a box braid, applied my leave in (Shea Miracle) and finger detangled before sealing with coconut oil. Then I took half of the hair in the section and twisted it into a Bantu knot. I did this to my entire head. After this I was so tired I took a nap.



5. Lol, the knotout was such a flop. I ended up doing a bun and covering my head wih a headwrap (dhuku) for church

6. I did the GHE method last night to get the flopped Bantu Knout out of my hair, and bunned for work.

I will keep doing the GHE as the week goes on, as its a great moisture boost. Its really hot and dry here right now, so I need to maximise moisture to reduce breakage.


7 comments:

  1. Lol if u were sleeping how did you get that photo?

    Im loving GHE'S right now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, the photo was taken just before the nap :)

    GHE is awesome this summer. Its a great way to retain and boost growth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... seems like curls were a fail for a lot of us this wash day. Ah well. Yay for moisturised hair. Does your hair ever feel mushy after the GHE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol love the comment above.
    I hate when I put in the effort on BKO or twist outs and they are just blah! I am a believer of GHE method, but haven't done it in the longest of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...keep practicing your bantu knots chica! You'll get it next time! Sorry for the silly question but what is the diference between baggying and GHE?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry. I have personally never managed to do any curling on my hair. Be it bantu knots, roller sets, flexi rod sets, or braid outs. But I will keep trying until I manage :)

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best curls are flexi rods. I'd love to see a pic of your wrap if you have one handy.

    ReplyDelete