Tuesday, 14 October 2014

My Skin Regimen

So my first non-hair post on this blog...

A little background on me, I suffer from severe acne. I get hormonal acne on my face when its almost shark week. And I have severe scarring on my back from when I had acne in puberty. So I am trying to work on fading my scars, as well as controlling my facial acne breakouts in order to minimise the aftermath.

My daily skin regimen is:

1. Wash face with lukewarm water using African black soap
2. Tone using an aloe based toner
3. Moisturise using a facial moisturiser with a minimum of SPF 15

Since I started the regimen with African black soap, I have been seeing improvement in my skin. The dark marks are fading slowly but surely, and my hormonal breakouts don't last long, and I do not scar from these anymore.

I am thinking of extending my facial regimen to solve my back acne issues. I will shower using only African black soap, and moisturise using something with SPF protection. Hopefully by the end of next year, my skin will have cleared up.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your skincare journey chica! I skin looks awful before shark week too! Oh the joys of being a woman right?!? *insert eyeroll* LOL

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding something that works, I know how happy that makes a person. Unfortunately black soap was not for me. Too bad

    ReplyDelete