Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Obituary - My Phone

It is with a heavy heart, and tears streaming in my eyes that I announce the death of my phone, the Samsung Galaxy Ace.

I received this phone as an early graduation present from my mother in July 2012. We have been together since then, snapping horrid pictures, journalling my hair journey, tracking my body changes, and flirting with boys. My phone has been there for me when I got dumped, and was playing a large part in my recovery and moving on stage. We went through a lot of apps together, facebook, twitter, whatsapp and more. My phone was the easiest way for me to keep in touch with my BFF in Kenya, and my family.

My phone had been seriously ill over the past 3 months. It had been freezing, slow to load apps, slow to respond but I still loved it despite of these tiny problems. After all, they are what you would expect in a long term relationship like this.

We had our first serious health scare when she flatlined (yes, it was a she, only another female could go through this much with me). She kept starting up over and over again, and I didn't know what to do. I rushed her over to the nearest medical facility to get her resuscitated. It was a very long process to get her up and running again, but I was happy when I saw her come back to life.

But alas, this second lease of life wasn't going to last for too long. A month after the first incident, she flatlined again. I rushed her over to the hospital, hoping against hope that they would work the same miracle again. But this time, all the expertise couldn't save her. She died a peaceful death in my arms on Tuesday the 14th of October 2014.

Our time together was too short, and I really don't know how to get on without you.

The funeral will be held on Saturday the 18th of October 2014, and the memorial service will be announced once arrangements have been made.

Samsung Galaxy Ace is survived by her younger siblings iPad 3 and Samsung GT 1500.





2 comments:

  1. I feel bad about your phone, it's very disorienting for me when a phone goes bad... but the post is a hoot and a half! OmG. Lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...may your phone rest in peace! LOL!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete