Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Wash Day Saga - Indecisive Wash Day

Have you ever had the kind of wash day when you want to do one style, and end up being too lazy to do it after all? Well, that was me this weekend. I wanted to do a flexi-rod set. Here's what happened

1. On Friday night, I finger detangled and applied ORS Hairepair nourishing conditioner onto my hair. I braided up the hair into 5 box braids, covered with a shower cap and went to bed.

2. I rinsed out the conditioner using cold water (I'm loving summer btw).

3. I cleansed my scalp using Dudu Osun African black soap, and rinsed again with cold water.

4. I applied coconut oil to my hair for an oil rinse and let it sit while I finished up my shower routine.

5. I rinsed out the oil with lukewarm water, did a final rinse with cold water, and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb excess water.

6. I had taken out my flexirods to do the set. I even watched SimplYounique's tutorial and started setting. But I realised I didn't have the energy for it after doing 2 rods. So I took them down, did the LOC method (L=Shea Miracle leave in, O=coconut oil and C=ORS curls unleashed curl defining creme). Then I did my usual airdrying backup, 4 sections of African threading.

And that was it. Its too hot for me to think of doing anything elaborate so I'm back to my trusty buns. However, I really want to try a halo braid next wash day.

How was your wash day?

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you! Thank God we have the bun to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flexi-rods are definitely tedious! I can't wait to see your halo braid! Which version are you thinking about trying?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you, flexi rods are such a chore! Promise you'll take a pic of your halo braid, I love those

    ReplyDelete