Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Fitness Program

Honestly, since I moved back home, I haven't been working out like I used to.

Last year I was very active, jogging every evening after work, yoga or Nike Training Club sessions in the morning. My diet was very healthy, I drank a minimum of 2 litres of water daily, ate a high protein, high vegetable, low carb diet. I was very fit, and I weighed 70kg, most of which was muscle weight.

Since I moved back home, my diet hasn't been the best. Its very high carb, not enough veggies and protein, I haven't been able to work out as much because of my commute. I get home at 7pm, and its not really safe to go jogging in the streets at that time. I lost 10kgs in a really short period, and honestly weighing less than 65kgs  doesn't look good on me.

I have been lately thinking of a fitness plan that will help me get toned, and help build up my muscle bulk again, and gain weight.

Here are my stats:

Height: 1.77m
Current weight: 61.3kg
Goal weight:    66kg
Fitness Program goals: tone legs, arms and abs, muscle flexibility and adopt a healthier lifestyle

Fitness Plan:

Monday to Friday (early morning): Nike Training Club program for 30 minutes, finish with squats reps

Saturday (afternoon): Yoga

Sunday evening: cardio (jogging/skipping)

Diet:

Diet will be a big problem to control while I am living at home. Mainly because with my grandma around we eat a lot of refined food (she does not like anything wholegrain) and our house help hasn't really appreciated the power of vegetables. So all I have control over is my weekday breakfast and lunch since I prepare these myself. My main priority is to make sure that my meals will be very high in protein, fruit and veg, and low in carbs. This might also help with my nails which haven't been really healthy this year. I will also have to start incorporating a multivitamin, since I am not sure I am getting all the necessary nutrients from my meals. Of course, I will drink at least 2 litres of water daily to help with my skin and hair too.

To keep myself accountable, I will start keeping a food and exercise diary. I will update weekly here on the blog, just to get the internet's help in keeping myself focused


No comments:

Post a Comment