I hope you all had a great weekend, I definitely enjoyed mine.
I had to do a quick wash day, since I had plans for the rest of my day, and I also needed to clarify my hair and do a protein treatment (of sorts). Here's what happened...
1. Overnight prepoo using coconut oil
2. Shampooed (using cold water) with Dark and Lovely After Relaxer Neutralizing shampoo. I also finished this product which means my stash is finally shrinking.
3. I did a 30 minute DC using ORS Hair Mayo, and rinsed off, first with warm water, and finally with cold water. I didnt bother to do a moisture DC since my hair seems to treat ORS Hair Mayo as a light protein.
4. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt and finished off my shower routine.When my hair was damp, I applied my leave in ORS Curls Unleashed Curl Creme and sealed with coconut oil. I damp bunned since it was the quickest way to stretch my hair, as I had to go swimming with my friends.
5. Before swimming I had applied a lot of conditioner to my hair hoping that it wont get too affected by the chlorine. After a lot of splashing and screaming, I co-washed my hair and damp bunned it again since we were going to a party. Unfortunately, my hair shrunk a lot, and got really dry because I hadn't sealed my hair. So on Sunday, my hair was a shrunken, dry feeling jungle. I ended up finger detangling section by section and doing African threading to stretch the hair again. My hair feels better now, but I need to do intense GHE sessions to get my moisture levels on point again
I am finally one year post. Transitioning update post coming soon :)
That was my washday experience. How was your wash day?