Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Wash Day Saga - after a while

hey everyone...

I haven't recently taken part in the #washdayexperience because I haven't had access to the Internet and things have been busy on my end. I am back now for a bit, and here's how my last wash day went.

On Friday night, I took down the box braids I was wearing under my wig, finger detangled and applied ORS Hairepair Nourishing conditioner, and then braided up the section again. I ended up with four sections. I did an overnight DC.

On Saturday morning, I took down each section, and washed my scalp and hair using Dudu Osun soap. My hair felt weirdly sticky (must be product build up) and I ended up washing my hair while it was free. This is the first time I washed my hair loose since I officially started transitioning I think. After washing, my hair still felt moisturized so I didn't bother to instant condition. I just wrapped it in a t-shirt to absorb the excess water

I applied my leave in (Shea miracle) and sealed with coconut oil before drying my hair in African threading. When my hair was 70% dry, I took down the threading and did another set of box braids that I am wearing under my wig at the moment.

That's my wash day in a nutshell, how was your washday?


Don't forget to check out the other washday experience posts in the linkup


No comments:

Post a Comment