These days, my philosophy towards my hair is Keep It Simple, Stupid. And it has been working out pretty well since I do not get stressed out by my hair too much.
Here's how my wash day went...
1. Overnight DC using ORS Hairepair Nourishing Conditioner pak. This was my last pack so I need to replenish my DC stash soon. I rinsed out the conditioner using cold water.
2. I washed my hair and scalp while it was loose using Dudu Osun Black Soap. I also did a nice deep scalp massage and rinsed out the soap first with warm water, and did a final cold water rinse.
3. I wrapped my hair in my t-shirt and left it like that while I did my chores. When I took my hair down it was about 70% dry.
4. I applied my leave in (African Pride Shea Miracle) and sealed with baobab oil. All my teeny tiny curls were popping and I was feeling them (and myself) :). So I decided to style in 2 afro puffs like a nursery school kid, and went to party with my friends.
5. I have been wearing my hair in a bun for the rest of the week, although today I decided to save my hairline a little by doing milkmaid braids in the front and bunning the back. Tomorrow I might have to pull out the ecostyler gel since I have a job interview, and on Saqturday, I have to try rock a bantu knot out or braid out because I am going to be all dressed up for a night out in Harare.
So how did your wash day go?
Don't forget to check out the rest of the wash day experiences over at JustGrowAlready or SavingOur Strands