Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Wash Day Saga - Usual Business

My wash day this last weekend was just the usual. Although I seem to be switching my regimen again *hiding face in shame*. Here's what happened this wash day:
`
1. Overnight DC with the last of my Elasta QP DPR 11+ Conditioner. My hair was in 4 box braids. I rinsed out the conditioner the next morning using warm water.

2. Washed my hair while it was loose using Dudu Osun African Black Soap. I focused on scrubbing my scalp again since I had a lot of yucky build up going on.

3. I rinsed out the soap, and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt (still loose) to absorb the water.

4. I applied my leave in (ORS Curls Unleashed Curl creme) and sealed with coconut oil before airdrying in African threading.

Now the most annoying thing for a transitioner/naturalista is for someone to surprise you with tickets for an event at the last moment. My mum really annoyed me (I still love you mum) when she gave me tickets to go to a concert. I had to get my hair into a decent style and fast. I ended up using a lot of Ecostyler gel to get my hair to lay down and behave in a bun that night. I did end up having fun there though and helped my nephew celebrate his 24th birthday (Happy birthday Sean!!!)

Unfortunately, the gel is now making it hard to get moisture into my strands (I used a lot of gel). So every night htis week I will be baggying to get my hair a bit moisturized so it does not snap. This will hopefully get my hair to stay satisfied until wash day this weekend when I will clarify.

Guess who is almost 1 year post relaxer???? I can't believe I have made it this far into my transition.


How was your wash day?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your one year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...Surprise engagements drive me bonkers too! Luckily a high bun is only one hair tie and two bobby pins away! Have you considered trying a wax or pomade on your edges instead of gel? I hate hate hate having to use gel because of the residue.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid of using wax or pomades because we don't have hair friendly ones here. The ecostyler gel isn't too bad though, its only the weird feeling that annoys me. Thank you for passing by :)

      Delete
  3. Newcomer to your blog. Congrats on one year! I only made it 11 months post relaxer before I big chopped years ago. Keep pushing! I commend long time transitioners! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, and thank you for passing by. Wow you are brave BC'ing so early. I just need my hair to be long enough to bun before I chop off the rest of my relaxer

      Delete