Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2015 Hair Goals

2014 is almost done and dusted. It has been a crazy year for me, especially regarding my hair.

I started out 2014 by stretching a relaxer (my goal was a 6 month relaxer stretch) but I ended up transitioning. I also started the year at APL and was aiming for BSL by the end of the year, but this did not happen due to being very scissors happy. I trimmed off all of the growth I achieved this year, and a bit more for luck.

Anyway, 2015 is an empty slate, and its time to start planning what I will do with my hair during this year. My goals are:

1. Grow at least 12 inches in 12 months using the inversion method. And in 2015, I am not taking any shortcuts with the inversion method.

2. No trims at all in 2015. If I am trimming, I will trim before the 31st of December 2014.

3. Healthy hair practices throughout the year. So no direct heat, wear my hair up 90% of the time, weekly DCs,

4. Really focus more on a healthy lifestyle in 2015. Workout daily, eat healthy, have a detailed fitness plan for 2015

5. Go into PJ rehab

2015 is my Keep It Simple Stupid year. I am focusing on basic techniques, and won't experiment too much with products. I need to stick to what I know works for my hair, and keep my hair healthy so that I get the length that I want. I will set up a growth challenge for 2015, for anyone who wants to join in :)

So what are your goals for 2015?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome goals Yvette. I especially like no. 5 - i need it too.
    All the best for 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR! PEACE & LOVE in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes for simplicity! That worked for me last year. I am with you on goal number 4 and am down for a hair challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete