I know I owe you a lot of posts (the hair meet up post and several others) and I promise, I will do them all this week and start posting regularly again.
So during my last wash day, I decided to go back to the basics that got me through the first year of my transition. This is how my wash day went
1. On Friday night, I finger detangled after applying baobab oil to my hair. Then I sectioned off my hair, applied conditioner (new product soon to be reviewed) and braided up the section. I ended up with 6 sections in total.
2. I did an overnight DC of my conditioner mixed with baobab oil.
3. I rinsed out the conditioner with warm water on Saturday morning. Then I washed my scalp using Dudu Osun African Black Soap, and rinsed with lukewarm water.
4. Wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for 30 minutes so that the excess water could be blotted from my hair.
5. I took down a box braid, applied my leave in (ORS Curls Unleashed Take Command Curl Creme) and sealed with coconut oil. Then I detangled using my wide tooth comb, and threaded up the section.
6. I let my hair air dry for the rest of Saturday in the threading. When I took down the threading on Sunday morning, my hair was still damp. So I decided to seal in that extra bit of moisture using vaseline on the last 3 inches of my hair. This has really helped because I don't have as much breakage from my ends as I did before.
That was my wash day. How did your wash day go?