Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Wash Day Saga - Clarifying + Hair Meet Up Hair

Hey everybody...

I have been MIA with the wash day posts mainly because I hadn't washed my hair for 2 weeks. Yes, I am hanging my head down with shame, my social life shouldn't be an excuse for scalp neglect. However, during those 2 weeks, I did do the GHE everyday to keep moisture locked into my hair. My hair has been very soft and happy.

Wash day this time had to happen on Friday sinc we were having the Healthy Hair Experience Meet Up on Saturday. My goal was to wash and style my hair into an amazing updo for the meet. Here's what happened...

1. Prepooed during the day at work using coconut oil. My hair was in its usual bun

2. Got home, did a quick finger detangle before shampooing my hair (while loose) with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I only needed one lather to properly clean up my scalp and ends. I rinsed out the shampoo, let the excess water drip before

3. Applying my DC mix. I wanted to do a combo protein and moisture DC. So I grabbed my ORS Hair Mayo and mixed with my new find L'Oreal El Vive Total Repair Mask. I applied them both to my head, covered up with 2 shower caps and my trusty woolly hat before watching telly for 2 hours

4. I rinsed out the conditioner using cold water, and made sure no DC residue was left on my scalp. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for 30 minutes before moving to the styling stage

5. I used ORS Curls Unleashed Curl defining creme as my leave in, and sealed with baobab oil. I wanted to do a braid out updo the next day, so I braided up my hair into 6 cornrows, then I went off to bed.

Results: So on Saturday morning, at around 10am I was now getting ready to go to the meet up. I started taking down my cornrows. They were slightly damp, but they had some curls. But when I took down the front corn row, I wept. It was still wet, the hair was losing the little curl it got. So I ended up doing a flat twist in the front, and a bun at the back. It is a good sign that my hair is retaining moisture better, but why couldn't the hair work with me and dry properly? Anyway, for the next meet up, I will have practiced this style enough before.



I will post about the meet up later. But we had a good time :)

How was your wash day?

2 comments:

  1. Kai, can be annoying when a curly style doesn't work out after overnight planning. But more moisture= silver lining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo curious about the meetup! How did it go? I was asking on the hairlista group and everyone was quiet! !

    ReplyDelete