Monday, 19 January 2015

Wash Day Saga - Another Day Another Wash

Hey lovies,

Hope you had a great, relaxing weekend. I spent mine recharging my batteries and I am raring to go this week.

Wash day this last weekend was simple, quick and easy. Like I said when the year began, this year I am all about keeping it simple to make sure I retain all my length this year and don't need to resort to frequent trimming like last year.

Without any further ado, here's my #washday experience...
The #WashDayExperience
1. My hair was in box braids that I was wearing under my wig. So I just kept in the box braids for the wash day. I first prepooed with coconut oil under my wig while I was at work

2. Overnight DC with a conditioner whose name I keep forgetting to look up :"). All I know is that it is a moisturising conditioner.

3. In the morning I rinsed out the conditioner, and massaged my scalp to lift up the gunk that had built up there. Then I did a scalp wash using African black soap, and rinsed that off.

4. I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to absorb excess moisture. When my hair was damp, I just sealed in the moisture using vaseline. When my hair was 80% dry, I took down the box braids, and finger combed my hair. The vaseline really helped, as my hair was supple and I didn't experience short strand breakage.

That was my wash day. Keeping to the theme of keeping it simple. How was your washday?


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a smooth washday, awesome sauce! :-) Are you going to put the braids back in any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am not putting the braids back in yet. I am doing inversions and MN so maybe in March

      Delete
  2. Loving this simple wash day! Do you moisturize your braids under your wig or is your hair good to go for a week after wash day?

    Thanks for sharing!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just mist the braids with water under my wig when the ends feel crunchy. Otherwise, my hair is usually good to go for the rest of the week :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a very easy way day! I hate when I have buildup because I feel as if my scalp is still not clean

    ReplyDelete